Peermont spends millions to improve its properties
In the current economic time, hotels must compete for marketshare, especially in terms of price and quality offerings. Peermont has invested millions into providing guests with more accommodation options and contemporary elegance at affordable rates. These developments are guaranteed to meet rising guest expectations.
The increasing demand for accommodation in the 4 to 5-star categories have forced traditional three-star hotels to upgrade their comfort, service and dining options - not to mention technological 'must-haves'. To this end, Peermont has rebranded, refurbished and reengineered a number of its properties - and not only in its 3-star arena:
WHAT'S NEW AT EMPERORS PALACE, JOHANNESBURG
- The new 248-key 3-star Peermont Metcourt at Emperors Palace opens 1 March 2009. This flagship Metcourt hotel offers stylish and comfortable rooms and a "group-friendly" experience for corporate, convention and leisure guests. The hotel rooms offer a variety of configurations and a host of ‘must have' modern amenities and services. The hotel's clean and modern façade is complimented by a private pool terrace in a landscaped garden, with food and beverage service throughout the day. Facilities include the F.L.A.G Cafe, 21 Degrees cocktail bar and the Centro Deli. Wi-Fi access, LCD flight time displays and a business centre are also available.
- The Superior and Classic rooms of the D'oreale Grande have undergone a soft refurb.
- The Fortuna Poker Den (a new poker room, also available for event bookings) at Emperors Palace.
WHAT'S NEW AT RIO, KLERKSDORP
- Rio Casino Resort will soon boast a beautiful 3-star select services Metcourt hotel with 70 rooms, pool terrace, breakfast buffet restaurant and adjoining bar and Wi-Fi internet access. As well as new convention facilities that can accommodate up to 450 delegates. In addition two breakaway meeting rooms will be provided. A tent platform will be available in April 2009 catering for up to 1 000 people. This exhilarating conference facility opens 1 January 2009 and the new hotel is open 1 March 2009. Bookings are now open for both conferencing and hotel accommodation.
WHAT'S NEW AT THE GRAND PALM, GABORONE
- The Grand Palm has just received a gorgeous revamp, revive and refresh. The vibrant new casino reflects an African Las Vegas with rich, deep colours, a new deli offering players a bite to eat without having to leave the casino floor, a new poker enclave and a zesty bar with bar-top mounted gaming machines - you may even imagine you're on the strip. Feel like royalty in The Diamond Privé with its opulence of rich plums, regal greens, beautiful furnishings and private parking. The exclusive executive floor has upgraded its bathrooms to 5-star standards and the Business Lounge has fresh new décor. The Grand Palm is certainly the urban star and bright lights entertainment and business capital of Botswana.
WHAT'S NEW AT KHORONI, THOHOYANDOU
- Khoroni Hotel, Casino and Convention Resort assumed a new identity with its refurbished casino, public areas, hotel rooms, conference facilities and pool terrace and deck. As well as the rebranding of the hotel to a three-star Peermont Metcourt and in-sourcing of all food and beverage services.
WHAT'S NEW AT TUSK MMABATHO, MAFIKENG
- Tusk Mmabatho's refurb began in November 2008 and includes a soft refurb of hotel rooms, the casino and the pool terrace. The reception area and foyer will also be upgraded and an additional conference facility able to accommodate up to 80 people will be added.
- The hotel will rebrand to a 4-star Walmont hotel and the resort will change its name to Mmabatho Palms upon completetion of the upgrade.
- All food and beverage services have been in-sourced at Tusk Mmabatho.
WHAT'S NEW FOR RICHARDS BAY, KWAZULU NATAL
- The new nautical themed casino resort, with a Metcourt hotel, conference facilities, restaurant, arts and crafts market, cocktail bar and children's facilities is due to break ground any day with the launch date estimated to be in March 2010. The resort will provide an ideal coach stopover for a host of en-route destinations.